Star Criticare Plus Insurance Policy
- Cover for 9 specified critical illness.
- Lumpsum payment on diagnosis of critical illness.
- No survival period.
- Also covers regular hospitalization.
- Cover for non-allopathic treatment up to specified limit
- On payment of lumpsum, the cover will continue until expiry of the policy for regular hospitalization.
- Hospitalisation Cover Protects the insured for in patient hospitalisation expenses for a minimum of 24 hrs. These expenses include room rent, nursing and boarding charges, Surgeon, Anaesthetist, Medical Practitioner, Consultants, Specialist Fees, Cost of Medicines and Drugs.
- Ambulance charges for emergency transportation to hospital as per specified limits.
- Pre-Hospitalization expenses up to 30 days prior to admission in the hospital.
- Post-hospitalisation paid as lump-sum upto the limit specified.
- Specific day-care procedures covered.Covered up-to specified limits. This benefit is applicable for Section 1 only.
Covered up-to specified limits. This benefit is applicable for Section 1 only.
Section 2: (Major Diseases)
Provides for payment of lump-sum amount equal to the sum insured opted if the insured person contracts any one of the Major diseases for the first time.
Major Diseases Covered:
First diagnosis of cancer, Chronic Kidney Disease, Brain tumour Undergoing for the first time- Major Organ transplant, Occurrence for the first time - Cerebro-Vascualr Stroke causing Hemiplegia, Acute Myocardial Infarction, Established irreversible coma, Established irreversible Paraplegia, Established irreversible Quadriplegia.
- Any person between 18 years and 65 years of age at the time of entry can take this insurance.
- The sum insured under this insurance is per individual member covered.
Are covered after 48months of continuous Insurance without break with any Indian Insurance Company.
Amount paid by any mode other than by cash for this insurance is eligible for relief under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act.
Free look period:
A free look period of 15 days from the date of receipt of the policy is available for reviewing the policy terms and conditions. In case insured is not satisfied he can seek cancellation of the policy and in such event the Company will allow refund of premium after adjusting the cost of pre-acceptance of medical screening, stamp duty charges and proportionate risk premium for the period concerned provided no claim has been made until such cancellation. Free look cancellation is not applicable at the time of renewal.
NOTE: Renewal premium, terms and conditions are subject to change with prior approval from IRDA.
- No Third Party Administrator - direct in - house claims settlement.
- Faster and hassle-free claim settlement.
- Cashless hospitalization.
- Network of more than 6000 hospitals across India.
- Free expert medical consultation over phone 24 x 7 Toll Free Helpline.
- Free storage facility for storing medical records in electronic form.
NOTE:The benefits mentioned herein are only an outline of the policy. For details please contact your nearest Star Health office or call toll free no 1800 425 2255 / 1800 102 4477.