Star Care Insurance Policy
- Policy is available on Individual and Floater basis in Tier I and Tier II places.
- Cover for pre-hospitalization and post hospitalization.
- Hospital Cash benefit if treatment taken in Government hospital.
- Room, Boarding, Nursing expenses at Rs.750/- per day (0.75% of the sum insured) - either private or shared accommodation.
- ICU charges upto Rs.2,000/- subject to maximum of Rs.10,000/- per hospitalization.
- Surgeon, Anesthetist, Medical Practitioner, Consultants, Specialist Fees, Anesthesia, Blood, Oxygen, Operation Theatre charges, Cost of Pacemaker, Cost of Medicine and drugs etc.
- Ambulance charges for emergency transportation upto a sum of Rs.500/- per hospitalization and overall limit of Rs.1000/- per policy period.
- Pre Hospitalisation expenses upto 30 days prior to admission in the hospital.
- Post Hospitalisation expenses upto 60 days after discharge from the hospital. Medical expenses incurred upto 7% of hospitalization expenses subject to a maximum of Rs.3,000/-.
- Hospital Cash: Benefit will be paid at the rate of Rs.1000/- per day of hospitalization subject to a maximum of 14 days, where the treatment is taken in Government Hospital. This will be paid only for covered surgeries done as in-patient, whether any claim is made on indemnity basis or not. Payment of claim under hospital cash benefit will not reduce the Sum Insured. With this, the effective maximum claimable amount becomes Rs.1,14,000/-.
Treatment for specific diseases/illness as detailed below:
Limit of Indemnity per policy period
Medical Management (Major diseases)
Medical Management (other diseases)
Accidental grievous injuries
Where more than one person is covered on individual basis (not on floater basis) this limit shall mean limit per policy period per person.
Any person between 18years and 65 years of age, from Tier 1 and Tier 2 places in India, can take this insurance. This policy can be renewed during the whole life of the Insured Person.
Are covered after 48 months of continuous Insurance without break with any Indian Insurance Company.
Pre-Acceptance Medical Screening:
There is no pre acceptance medical screening.
Day care treatment:
405 day care treatments are covered.
Amount paid by any mode other than by cash for this insurance is eligible for relief under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act
Free look period:
A free look period of 15 days from the date of receipt of the policy is available for reviewing the policy terms and conditions. In case insured is not satisfied he can seek cancellation of the policy and in such event the Company will allow refund of premium after adjusting the cost of pre-acceptance of medical screening, stamp duty charges and proportionate risk premium for the period concerned provided no claim has been made until such cancellation. Free look cancellation is not applicable at the time of renewal.
NOTE:Renewal premium, terms and conditions are subject to change with prior approval from IRDA.
- No Third Party Administrator, direct in-house claim settlement
- Faster and hassle free claim settlement
- Cashless facility can be availed in network hospitals in Tier 1 & Tier 2 location
- Network of more than 6000 hospitals across India
- Free expert medical consultation over phone 24X7 Toll free helpline
- Maintain personal health records in electronic format
Note:The benefits mentioned herein are only an outline of the policy. For details please contact your nearest Star Health Office or call toll free no 1800 425 2255/1800 102 4477.