Senior Citizens Red Carpet Health Insurance Policy
- For Senior citizens aged between 60 to 75 years.
- No pre-insurance medical test required.
- Covers pre-existing diseases from the second year onwards.
- Medical Consultations as an Out Patient in a Network Hospital.
- Higher Sum Insured coverage upto Rs.10 Lakhs.
- Guaranteed lifetime renewals.
- Two additional Sum Insured Options namely Rs.7.5 lacs and Rs.10 lacs introduced
- Cataract limits revised
- On-line purchases – 5% discount on premium
- Outpatient consultation in network hospitals
Protects the insured for in patient hospitalisation expenses for a minimum of 24 hrs.These expenses include room rent,nursing and boarding charges, Surgeon, Anaesthetist, Medical Practitioner, Consultants, Specialist Fees,Cost of Medicines and Drugs upto the limits specified.
Ambulance charges for emergency transportation to hospital as per specified limits.
Post-hospitalisation paid as lump-sum upto the limit specified.
Expenses on Medical Consultations as an Out Patient in a Network Hospital up to the limits specified.
Specific day-care procedures covered.
Sub-limits applicable for specified illness.
Any person between 60 and 75 years of age at the time of entry can take this insurance policy. The sum insured under this insurance is per individual member covered.
50% of each and every claim relating to pre-existing diseases and 30% of each and every claim for all other claims
Pre-Existing Diseases / Illness :
Covered after 12 months of continuous coverage.
Pre- Acceptance medical screening:
There is no pre-acceptance medical screening.
Amount paid by any mode other than by cash for this insurance is eligible for relief under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act.
Free Look Period:
A free look period of 15 days from the date of receipt of the policy is available for reviewing the policy terms and conditions. In case insured is not satisfied he can seek cancellation of the policy and in such event the Company will allow refund of premium after adjusting the cost of pre-acceptance of medical screening , stamp duty charges and proportionate risk premium for the period concerned provided no claim has been made until such cancellation. Free look cancellation is not applicable at the time of renewal.
NOTE: Renewal premium, terms and conditions are subject to change with prior approval from IRDA.
- No Third Party Administrator, direct in-house claim settlement.
- Faster and hassle-free claim settlement.
- Cashless hospitalisation.
- Network of more than 7800 hospitals across India.
- Facility for maintaining personal health records in electronic format.
NOTE: The benefits mentioned herein are only an outline of the policy. For details please contact your nearest Star Health Office or call toll free no 1800 425 2255/1800 102 4477.