Diabetes Safe Insurance Policy
- Covers hospitalization expenses for complications of Diabetes, both type 1 and type 2 and other than complications of diabetes
- Policy can be taken on Individual and Floater basis.
- Two Plans are available – Plan A and Plan B.
- Plan A – Pre-acceptance medical screening is compulsory.
- Plan B – There is no pre-acceptance medical screening.
- No Waiting Period for Plan A. 15 months waiting period for Plan B.
- Out Patient expenses – for Medical consultations, Diagnostic tests, medicine and drugs
- Compensation for Accidental Death of the chosen insured person
- Donor expenses for kidney transplant surgery
- Dialysis expenses @ Rs.1000/- per sitting up to 24 months
- Cost of artificial limbs due to amputation up to specified limits.
- Automatic restoration of entire Sum insured
- More than 400 day care procedures covered.
Covers Hospitalization expenses due to complications of diabetes. Room, Nursing and Boarding Charges, Surgeons fees, Anaesthetist, Drugs and medicines
Section 2 :
Covers Hospitalization expenses for other than complications of diabetes.
Out-Patient Expenses : Medical Consultation, Expenses for Diagnostic tests up to specified limits
Personal Accident : Compensation for Accidental Death of the chosen insured person @ 100% of the health sum insured opted
Any person between 18years and 65 years of age who is already living with Diabetes Mellitus can take this insurance.
Amount paid by any mode other than by cash for this insurance is eligible for relief under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act.
Free Look Period
A free look period of 15 days from the date of receipt of the policy is available for reviewing the policy terms and conditions. In case insured is not satisfied he can seek cancellation of the policy and in such event the Company will allow refund of premium after adjusting the cost of pre- acceptance of medical screening, stamp duty charges and proportionate risk premium for the period concerned provided no claim has been made until such a cancellation. Free look cancellation is not applicable at the time of renewal.
Guaranteed Lifetime Renewals
Life-long renewals beyond 65 years are offered under this policy.
NOTE: Renewal premium, terms and conditions are subject to change with prior approval from IRDA.
- No Third Party Administrator - direct in-house claims settlement
- Faster and hassle-free claim settlement
- Cashless hospitalization
- Network of more than 7800 hospitals across India
- Facility for maintaining personal health record in electronic format.
- For details contact toll free no 1800 425 2255 / 1800 102 4477