Cashless Hospitalisation is available only in Network Hospitals. While it's recommended that you choose a network hospital you are at liberty to choose a non-network hospital also. In case you avail of treatment in a Non Network hospital, Star Health will reimburse you the amount of bills subject to the policy taken by the policyholder.
The Policy Holders attention is drawn to the definition of Hospital in the Mediclaim policy. Star Health should be contacted within 24 hours from the time of admission with details of Star Health id card number, nature of illness, name & address of the Hospital/ Nursing Home/ Clinic, Room Number etc. The claim will be registered by Customer Care and a claim number will be provided to the Policy holder. Claim form will be sent to the Policy holder address. This claim form must be filled fully and sent to Star Health office along with the following documents in original.
- Main Hospital Bill with Receipt for payment along with the break up.
- Doctors prescription and medicine bills.
- Discharge summary sheet from the hospital.
- Investigation reports along with the X Ray film
- Other relevant details and documents connected to hospitalisation.
Note: Only expenses relating to hospitalisation will be reimbursed as per the policy taken. All non-medical expenses will not be reimbursed.