- To become the largest and most preferred health Insurance Company in India.
- To provide financial security for health care management.
- To offer wide range of innovative Products / Services.
- To provide prompt, courteous and quality service to customers.
- To leverage State of Art Technology for customer satisfaction.
- To adopt best management practices in business operations.
- Make available insurance coverage to every segment of population.
- Expand product lines and services on continuing basis.
- Build and maintain enduring relationships with customers.
- Conduct business operations with customer as focal point.
- Create insurance awareness as part of corporate social responsibility.
STANDARDS FOR FAIRNESS IN DEALING WITH CUSTOMERS:
- Strive to deal with customers in an open and transparent manner.
- Explain rationale behind decision consistent with business practice.
STANDARDS FOR ACCESS TO INFORMATION:
- Educate public and customers of multiple options in products and services.
- Distribute brochures on products and services.
- Spread information on products and services through Internet, Interactive Voice Response System, Information Kiosks etc.
- Provide access to customers through Help Lines, Call Centers, Internet etc.
- Enhance content and quality of communication in mass media like Press, Television, radio, etc
BENCHMARKS FOR SERVICING:
On Underwriting, we shall
- Issue policies on individual Health, Personal Accident and Overseas Mediclaim policies instantly.
- Confirm underwriting decision within 7 days from receipt of medical reports whenever pre-medical examination is required.
- Send Renewal Notice 15 days before expiry of policy.
On settlement of claims, we shall
- Give pre authorization for cashless facility within 4 hours from receipt of the request.
- Decide on reimbursement claims within 30 days of receipt complete documents/clarifications.
- Enable customers to know claim status within 3 days of receipt of documents.
STANDARDS FOR REDRESSAL OF GRIEVANCES:
- Ensure effective Grievance Redressal Mechanism for customers to approach.
- Register all grievances and send acknowledgement within 3 days .
- Monitor grievances registered on Integrated Grievance Management System (IGMS) through SRMS portal.
- Resolve grievances within 15 days of receipt.
- Inform customers availability of Insurance Ombudsman as a Redressal forum.
This Charter is a summary of what Star Health and Allied Insurance Company proposes to offer to the citizens. The charter does not in any way become a part of the policy conditions or policy contract of the customers of Star Health and Allied Insurance Company or the conditions of service to the workforce of the Company.