Star First Optima
- Single policy, wider coverage for whole family at an affordable premium.
- Get extra sum insured (auto recharge) at no extra cost, up to 30% of sum insured.
- Health Check-up costs up to Rs.5,000/- for every block of 3 years of policy coverage.
- Automatic restoration of entire Sum insured by 100%.
- New-born baby cover from 16th day.
- Donor expenses for organ transplantation.
- Domiciliary Hospitalization Expenses for treatment exceeding 3 days.
- Cover for over 400 day care procedures.
This benefit provides additional indemnity upto specified limits, when the sum insured under the policy is exhausted / exceeded. This can be utilized for any claim payable under the policy.
More than 400 Day Care procedures
Expenses incurred towards cost of Health Check up
Coverage for New born Baby
Coverage for Domiciliary hospitalization treatments
Donor expenses for organ transplantation
Bonus in respect of a claim-free year of insurance is allowable up to the limits specified. The bonus so granted will be reduced in the same order in which it was given following a claim. However the Basic sum insured shall not be reduced.
Automatic Restoration of Sum Insured:
Immediately upon exhaustion of the limit of coverage during the policy period, there shall be an automatic restoration of the basic sum insured by 100% where the sum insured is Rs.3,00,000/- and above.
- Hospitalization cover protects the insured for in patient hospitalization expenses for a minimum period of 24 hrs. These expenses include room rent, nursing and boarding charges, Surgeon, Anaesthetist, Medical Practitioner, Consultants, Specialist fees, Diagnostics, Anaesthesia, Blood, Oxygen, Operation Theatre charges, implants, Cost of Medicines and Drugs.
- Ambulance charges for emergency transportation up to a sum of Rs.750/- per hospitalization and overall limit of Rs.1500/- per policy period.
- Pre hospitalization expenses up to 60 days prior to admission in the hospital
- Post hospitalization expenses up to 90 days after discharge from the hospital
- Coverage for Domiciliary hospitalization for a period exceeding three days.
Pure Term Life Insurance Cover- this section pays the nominee the stated sum assured in case of the death of the policyholder during the policy term of contract
For Health Benefits: Entry age between 18 years and 65 years. Dependent children can be covered from 16 days to 25 yrs. There is no exit age for health cover.
For Life Benefits – Entry age between 18 years and 60 years. The Life Insurance Benefit is offered only for the primary life insured. Medical underwriting will be applicable for eligible persons above 50 years of age. The Plan term is 5 years (fixed) and maximum age at the end of the plan term is 65 years
Beyond 65 years renewal can be only for health cover under any health indemnity policy offered by Star Health
Co-Payment (Applicable for Health Section only):
20% of each and every claim for persons above 60 years at entry level and their subsequent renewals.
Pre-Acceptance Medical Screening for both Health and Life Sections:
Persons above 50 years will be required to undergo pre-acceptance medical screening at the Company nominated centres. Cost of screening is currently borne by the company.
Tax Benefits for both Health and Life Sections:
Amount paid by any mode other than by cash for this Health section insurance is eligible for relief under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act.
Amount paid for this Life section insurance is eligible for relief under Section 80C of the Income Tax Act.
A free-look period of 15 days from the date of receipt of the policy document is available to the insured person to review the terms and conditions of the policy. In case the insured is not satisfied with the terms and conditions, the insured may seek cancellation of the policy and in such an event the Company shall allow refund of premium paid after adjusting the cost of pre-acceptance medical screening, stamp duty charges and proportionate risk premium for the period concerned provided no claim has been made until such cancellation.
This Plan can be cancelled if there exists disagreement with any of the terms and conditions of this Plan within the first 15 days from the receipt of this Plan document. Original Policy document and a written request stating the reasons for cancellation may be sent by post after which refund of premium after deducting the pro-rata risk premium, stamp duty and charges for medical examination, if any, will be made.
Free look cancellation is not applicable at the time of renewal of the policy.
Renewal premium, terms and conditions are subject to change with prior approval from IRDAI.
- No third Party Administrator, direct in-house claim settlement.
- Faster & hassle-free claim settlement.
- Cashless hospitalization wherever possible.
- Network of more than 8200+ hospitals across India.
- 24x7 Toll Free Helpline.
- Information on health through free health magazine.
- Facility for maintaining personal health records in electronic format.
NOTE: The benefits mentioned herein are only an outline of the policy. For details please contact your nearest Star Health office or call toll free no 1800 425 2255 / 1800 102 4477.